Saturday, June 21, 2008

Thing #6, Flickrfun, Mashups, 3rd party sites


Robert Michalove
Originally uploaded by robertmichalove
All of these API sites are creative and fun to explore. And it sure is easy to lose track of time while you are experimenting.
I was fascinated with CoverPop and how he creates them. When I used Montagr, I was happy to see that pictures I had uploaded to Flickr earlier showed up at the top of the montage for "fairbanks alaska" tags.
I also created a trading card and have posted it here. I know that students would love creating cards about themselves or books that they have read. I am looking forward to sharing these sites with several teachers at school.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Robert,
I did a trading card project with the students at Ladd a couple years ago and you can imagine how thrilled I was when I saw this trading card feature.

BOOKIE said...

Gee, Robert, you are zooming along with this class. It is certainly fun to explore and I don't mind the time except when I go to do the assignment and the posting doesn't come out right. Then it becomes very frustrating. I guess practice makes perfect and hopefully it all becomes easier to do. I am thinking of having my library aides create trading cards of themselves.