Monday, June 16, 2008

Thing#3, Blog and Avatar

The blog is up and running. It was easy to set up and I moved the elements around and inserted a picture and my avatar. I like the way the blog autosaves my posts as I work on them so I don't have to remember to do that. I haven't been using labels for my posts, but I will when I use a blog at school. I want to try to add some video to one of my next posts. I think that I could use a blog with my Book Club next year to get comments as we read our books.

The avatar was fun to create and I made a few of them. I was unable to add a moustache to my avatar but it is nice to finally have a screen representation of myself.
I did have a slight problem exporting, because on my screen I did not have an export option on the Avatar/Yahoo home screen. Has that changed, or did I just miss something?

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oooh, I do like your avatar. I'll have to go back and look at Yahoo as far as your export problems and see if I have the same experience.

Did you try any of the other avatar sources in your quest for a mustache? Like TekTek (I think is one) and Meez. If you read some of the other RavenAboutWeb 2.0 student blogs there are some suggestions and comments about avatars.