Saturday, June 21, 2008

Thing #7, Technology-Digital Pens

I have been hearing about digital pens for a while. I haven't had the chance to try one, but I think the idea is interesting.
Digital pens are available now, but they still require a special sheets of paper or pads to work. It is possible to upload handwritten notes from a digital pen to your computer, but there aren't programs yet that will automatically convert the notes to text. Well, there are handwriting recognition systems, but they don't seem to be quite up to user's expectations.
I am looking forward to further developments in this technology.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hmmm, I'll have to do a little research on this and get back to you. I think our ITT's were using some kind of digital recognition feature with our Smart Boards.

Mrs. McConnell said...

I read this in the ADN about these pens......wish I had them back in the day! I was reading the article and the company is hoping to create it where people can print off the special paper at home! Amazing to think how far we've come!