Saturday, June 14, 2008

Thing#2

The 7.5 Habits of Lifelong Learners:
Let's start with the hardest habit for me. That would definitely be #3--Viewing Problems as Challenges. During the workday at school, I often feel like I do not have enough time to troubleshoot every problem that comes my way (and many of them need to be dealt with immediately). So, during the day, I often look at problems as roadblocks rather than challenges. When I get home, I am able to focus on the "challenge" and take the time I need to find a workable solution.

The easiest habit for me is #4--Having confidence in myself as a competent, effective learner. I know that if I put in time and thought, I can learn things effectively. I can learn from books, online tutorials, and from talking to others. I expect I will be sending some questions to the Raven About the Web 2.0 team before this class is over.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Yes, that "presence of mind" quality one needs to take a deep breath and say...."this too shall be solved and life will move on" is sometimes a little hard to pull out of the air. Wouldn't it be nice if we always had the option to sleep on a situation and get back to it the next day.