Saturday, July 5, 2008

Week 6, Thing #13, Tagging and Del.icio.us


I signed up for a Del.icio.us account and started tagging and exploring sites. This is a real improvement over just using bookmarks on a computer. This site should simplify bookmarking all over the district. I watched the tutorial, registered, added my buttons, and started my social bookmarking experience.
It is nice to see what other people have to say about a site before adding it. I also like having the ability to add tags that are useful to me. Del.icio.us is easy to use, and although I haven't used all the features yet, like networks, I can see that this will be a great site to let teachers know about.
I have already created a del.icio.us account for our school so that teachers can add their favorite and best sites throughout the year (rsmsbookmarks).
I can see that the more useful tags you add, the more you will get out of your account. I believe that I will now be more diligent in adding tags to everything that I post on the internet.
I can see many uses for del.icio.us at school. A school wide page for staff, a student created list of sites for class projects, the availability to find information from any computer, and more.
Reading some of the articles in the SJLibraryLearning2 bookmarks made me realize how many of these social bookmarking sites are out there, in fact one article talked about 50 different social bookmarking sites.
I have enjoyed learning about and using del.icio.us

No comments: