Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Week 8, Thing #18: Online Applications and Tools

I examined Zoho Writer and found it easy to use. I was able to create documents, add photos, export items as pdf files, share them with other editors, and post them to my blog without any trouble.
I like the "history" button and the ability to revert quickly to previous drafts. This is another good tool for collaborative editing of documents, and you don't have to have your personal laptop with you to work on documents. These online productivity tools could signal the end of the stick drive.
I also imported previously created documents from my computer and was able to share, edit, and save them in Zoho.
The "comment" button is very useful for group editing of a document.
I did not make my documents public for this project.
I can see school committees and teams using ZohoWriter to communicate and work together on documents and presentations.
I also spent some time looking at ZohoShow, ZohoWiki, and ZohoShow.

1 comment:

BOOKIE said...

You have explored and used Zoho Writer much more than I did. I think I need to look at more tutorials before I am comfortable with it. I agree that it would be a great option for committees to use.